Friday, June 11, 2010

Bonnaroo Thursday!!

Wednesday night while in Walmart I found out that the gates had already been open so I left and took the back way into Bonnaroo. The back entrance just looped around to the main entrance, but it allowed me to skip the whole 3 mile long line on Interstate. I got my campsite set up by 3:30am and met my new neighbors in a Winnebago. We shared a beer and talked for a little while before I went to bed around 5. The next morning the heat again woke me up like clockwork at 9:30, so I crawled outside and slept in the shade on the ground until 11:30. My neighbors were getting up around that time too, and we got a huge tarp and hung it up between our campsites, giving us plenty of shade. We then went and checked out Centeroo and all the vendors and tents and such before coming back to the camp to cook hotdogs. I left to go check out Miike Snow around 7. He put on a really good performance, and the crowd was dancing. After that I caught a little bit of Neon Indian, and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know what to expect, but they put on a real good show. I left Neon Indian early to catch the Dodos who were amazing, and I would definitely recommend seeing live. Their music is very 60's and 70's. After that was Blitzen Trapper who put on a solid show. In between Blitzen Trapper and The XX I got a recycling bag and picked up bottles and cans and such. I brought two bags to the Clean Vibes Trading Post and got a Bassnectar shirt for it. I then worked my way into the crowd for The XX and listened to about 30 min in the crowd before I went and sat down on the lawn to listen. I made it to bed around 1:30 last night. This morning I've just been hanging around the campsite and checking out all the vendors in the campsites. I just ate a cream cheese bagel and I'm getting ready to head to see Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

No comments:

Post a Comment