Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WAKARUSA Friday!!




Friday morning I woke up around 9 to go get a limited edition hand signed Wakarusa poster by EMEK that I thought went on sale at 10 so I got there around 945 only to discover that they didn't go on sale until 11. So I went and walked around the carnival for a little while and came back at 10:30 to wait in line. I ended up getting lucky number 7 out of 350!!! After I went and placed it in a safe place in my car I went down to Flowers tent to hang out in the shade and listen to Black Joe Lewis from his tent. They left a little before 6 to go see Railroad Earth, but I went to see Dirtfoot at the Backwoods Stage, and left that early to catch the end of Railroad Earth. After that was Umphrey's McGee, who performed an awesome set!! I left that early to go back to my tent to get some food, and on the way back to STS9 I stopped at this booth called Brainquility. It was a digital meditation booth. I paid $10 for 20min, and they put me in a comfortable reclining chair with subwoofers behind it, she then put headphones on me and glasses with flashing lights. I was told not to open my eyes while the glasses were on. She then started giving my face and arms a massage, and the next thing I know I woke up 36 min later and STS9 was starting. They said that I was absolutely out of it, and they just woke me so I could catch Sound Tribe. If anyone has a chance to do Brainquility, I would definitely recommend trying it out. I somehow found Flowers at STS9 and joined up with him. I was somewhat disappointed in Sound Tribe's show this time. At ACL (Austin City Limits) last year they had much better lights and visualizers. Their music was great, but they didn't put on the show I was expecting. Hopefully they'll make up for it at Nateva. I left STS9 around midnight to get to Bassnectar 30 min early, and it was totally worth it!!! I got there and waited up at the very front of general admission dead center, and about ten minutes before the show started the crowd rushed the VIP section and I made it up to the front by about halfway through the show. After the show he came down front to take his "Family Picture" and I was right next to him for the pic! I also got a high-five and a Bassnectar sticker from him. I waited around to try and get the setlist, but it had already been given away. After that I was exhausted so I went to check out EOTO in the Outpost tent for a few minutes on my way back to my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment