Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chattanooga to Dexfest

Wednesday morning I woke up around 11am and packed up camp pretty quickly and made it to downtown Chattanooga by noon. Once I found a parking place among all the construction and Riverbend traffic I headed for the Moon Pie store. Riverbend is a small annual arts and music festival in Chattanooga similar to Red River Revel. The Moon Pie store was a little underwhelming. Now don't get me wrong, I love Moon Pies, but I was expecting more than a small store within a bookstore with gelato. I bought some Moon Pies and a book and an R/C Cola and headed toward my car. On the way I enjoyed the "workingman's lunch" of the early 1900s which consists of a 5 cent Moon Pie and 5 cent bottle of R/C. I headed for the other side of the river to go to Rock/Creek outfitters. I looked around there for a while and then got on the road for Knoxville. Once in Knoxville I found a Borders to use wifi at and stayed there for almost four hours reading and using their wifi to download the new True Blood episode. I then continued onward toward Panther Creek State Park right outside of Morristown. I ran an extension cord into my car and watched the True Blood episode, which was just as great as last season, and crawled into my backseat to sleep. I awoke around 7:30am and walked to the showers. After cleaning up I drove around the park and found a 2 mile hiking trail down to the lake. I took it down and saw soo many beautiful sites along the way. I passed a teacher training for the Appalachian Trail who could not believe that I was hiking barefoot. I saw many different kinds of birds, and even some butterflies. After I made it back to my car I hung around the overlook reading my book for awhile before heading to Morristown to pick up a package my dad sent. In it were gift cards to Outback, Cracker Barrel, Barnes & Noble, and Visa, some candy, and my dads amazing cookies. I then headed south to a Cracker Barrel to use my new card. After eating I headed for Dexfest snout 20 min away. I got there, upgraded to VIP and got my campsite set up before 5 o'clock. I have an amazing spot right between the stages and vendors. I am probably 200 yards from the main stage, and I'm in the shade! After meeting some people I took a little nap in my camper for about 2 hours, and now I'm fixing to go see The Malah and Big Gigantic. Dexfest looks like it's going to be a pretty awesome festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment