Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WAKARUSA Saturday!!

Saturday morning the heat woke me up around 9, so I got in my car and started the A/C and slept for about another 2 hours, then got up and cooked some oatmeal for breakfast and headed down to shakedown street to check out the vendors there. After checking out all the artists and such I went to see That One Guy in the Revival tent while Flowers and everyone else went to see Tea Leaf Green. I listened to about half of That One Guy's set and went to join up with Flowers at Mainstage for the end of Tea Leaf Green. After that Blues Traveler played, and by that time it had gotten up to over 100 degrees! I had my umbrella set up to give us a little shade on our heads while we were laying down, but it was still stifling. We listened to a little of the Black Keys and went back to the tent to relax in the shade for a little while. We listened to the beginning of Zappa Plays Zappa from the tent, and when they left for Slightly Stoopid I went back to mainstage to see the rest of Zappa's set. When it was almost over I headed for the Revival Tent to meet up with Flowers and catch part of Stoopid. I left a little early to get to Widespread Panic and I fought my way up near the front. I ended up right in front of the VIP section for most of the show. The security was keeping a pretty good eye out for people trying to jump into VIP, but right before they came out for the encore they were distracted by another person jumping, so I saw an opportunity to make it over and I did!! I was right in front of Jimmy Herring for the encore! After that I was pretty tired so I went to catch part of Umphrey McGee's set at the Revival Tent. Their set in the tent was even better than the Mainstage set. They played In The Kitchen with some amazing solos!! After watching for about 45 min I went back to my campsite to go to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment