Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bonnaroo Saturday!!

First off, I have to share what I found out about the Flaming Lips show; it was only their second time to play Dark Side live, and they don't ever plan on playing it again, so I got to see history!!
Saturday afternoon I headed to Norah Jones around 2:30 and caught about 30 min of her show. Her voice is even more amazing live than on a record! After a little bit of that I headed to see Jimmy Cliff on What Stage. Since it was early in the day I was able to get in the very front without waiting in any lines. He was very outspoken about saving Planet Earth and had the whole crowd singing "save planet Earth". I headed to The Avett Brothers around 4:45 and caught about an hour of their set before leaving to meet up with my Shreveport friend Jordan. I met her and her friend Marisa at my campsite and we hung out there for a little while before they left to take a little nap before Stevie Wonder while I went to see Jeff Beck and a little of Ozomatli. Jeff Beck played some of the best guitar of anyone at the festival, and Ozomatli was some good Mexican dance music. I met up with Jordan and Marissa right before Stevie Wonder, and we caught his entire set. He was absolutely amazing, of course! He played Heard It Through Grapevine and Sign, Sealed, Delivered to name just two songs. He probably had the biggest crowd of anyone the whole weekend. After that we went to check out The Eclectic Method at the Lunar Stage. They played a 30 minute set in between Stevie and Jay-Z. After that show was over we headed to see some of Jay-Z and got to our spots right before a ten minute countdown showed up onscreen. Right as the countdown got to zero, Jay-Z walked out, and the crowd went wild. We got to hear 99 Problems, H to the Izzo, and Death of Auto-tune among others. During Death of Auto-tune he said "Free Weezy", which was my favorite part of the show. After about an hour and fifteen minutes of Jay-Z we headed to Thievery Corporation, and met up with Jordan and Marisa's friends Taylor and Alden at the show. We listened to Thievery for about 20 minutes before leaving to hear Kaskade. Kaskade had a great show on the Lunar Stage, almost the biggest crowd I saw there other than Crystal Method. Lunar Stage was right next to This Tent, which is where Deadmau5 was playing. We left Kaskade to see Deadmau5, but he showed up almost 45 minutes late, the crowd was huge, and the music wasn't loud enough. We could hear Kaskade over Deadmau5. He did have a pretty awesome stage and DJ table, along with his signature mouse head helmet. We left Deadmau5 after about 15 minutes to catch some more of Kaskade before heading to the Disco Biscuts at 3am. The Disco Biscuts had an even better performance than at Wakarusa. Waka had more people at it, and their set was awesome there, but at Bonnaroo they played for 3 and a half hours! At 4:30 after they left the stage they came back on and said that they had gotten permission to keep playing!! They ended up playing for over 3 straight hours with no stops, even between songs!! I finally ended up leaving around 6 to go get some sleep, and they were still playing! I crashed pretty hard when I got to my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment