Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tuesday in Chattanooga

I managed to catch up on my sleep Monday night, sleeping for almost 12 hours. When I woke up around 11:30 I set out for Downtown Chattanooga to see the Tennessee Aquarium. I went to the River Adventure Building first, starting with the seahorse exhibit. There were seahorses of all shapes, sizes and colors on display. I then took the elevator upstairs to see the greenhouse with otters, birds, snakes, and fish. The rest of the museum was a long winding ramp down with a huge tank on one side and exhibit halls all around. There was a turtle exhibit that was pretty cool, and I got to see divers feeding the stingrays in the saltwater tank. After spending almost 3 hours in that building I went to the Ocean Adventures building. From the outside it appears bigger, but the river building had many more exhibits. One exhibit I liked in particular at this building was the jellyfish exhibit. There were all sorts of jellies and octopus and squid. Then there were penguins!!! I spent awhile watching the penguins before heading downstairs to the fish tunnel. There was a tunnel with many different viewing ports that allowed you to see all sorts of different fish in their largest tank at over 600,000 gallons. After leaving the Aquarium I was hungry and wanted to use internet, so I grabbed my bag out of my car and headed for a Panera Bread to get a quick bite and get online before Avatar IMAX 3D started at 7. I've seen Avatar at least a dozen times, but only once in 3D, and never in IMAX. It was just as mindblowing as the first time I saw it in 3D, and when I left I was exhausted. I got back to camp and fell right to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment