Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WAKARUSA Sunday!!

Sunday was a little more relaxed, I woke up around 10:30 and hung out at my camp reading for a little while. I then went to catch a little bit of The Giving Tree Band at The Outpost Stage before going to help Flowers pack up his campsite. Around 4 I went to catch part of Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad before going to see That One Guy again, this time at the Backwoods Stage. After he was done we went back to Nick's tent to finish taking everything down before going to State Radio and John Butler Trio. State Radio Put on a pretty good show, but I enjoyed their set at ACL a little bit more. John Butler Trio had an absolutely amazing set!!! He played a good variety of his old and new songs. About 45 min into the set I saw one of the guitar techs tuning a twelve string, so I leaned up and told James "I think he's about to play Ocean" the other two band members walked off stage and John Butler sat on a stool and played a 15 minute version of Ocean that was simply AMAZING!! After that the band came back out to play Revolution and some other songs. A little while later the bassist went into a ten minute solo that was great, followed by a 10-15 minute solo by the drummer. During the entire performance Flowers and I had been noticing a butterfly flying around the stage, and druing the drum solo it decided to land on one of the cymbals. The drummer stopped playing and started making up a song about the butterfly that was pretty funny. He then got the whole crowd beatboxing until the bassist began playing and John Butler walked back on stage. They played for a solid 2 hours, even though they were only scheduled for 1.5. During the set John Butler prob played at least 8 different stringed instruments including a 12 string, a dobro, a banjo, and a lap guitar. After the show I walked with Flowers back to their tent and told them bye and went to crash in my camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment