Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WAKARUSA Thursday!!

Ok, so here goes:
Thursday morning the heat and sun woke me up around 9:30 so I went and walked around all the vendor tents and checked out the stages. On the way to the mainstage I met my brother William and his friends Spencer and Ryan. They led me to their camp where we chilled in the car for a little while before I left for Mountain Sprout. At Mountain Sprout I met up with my friend Flowers and his crew and we went back to his tent to sit in the shade for a little while before Dumpstafunk. I left Dumpstafunk early to go finish checking out the vendor booths before Papa Mali. I met some really cool people at the Strange Booth who let me sit in their tent and gave me a cold beer. I also bought an awesome bandanna for $10 off the regular price. Flowers found me after that and we went to see Papa Mali, who put on an awesome show as always!! We stayed at Mainstage until Robert Randolph & The Family Band came on. About halfway through the set he broke out into Poker Face by Lady GaGa, and it actually sounded pretty good.

For the Disco Biscuts we moved closer to the front to get a better view. By this time it had gotten dark, and when the Disco Biscuts came out onstage there was a huge shower of glowsticks thrown up by the crowd!! The Biscuts put on a pretty amazing set with lots of variety. I left early to make it the The Machine Pink Floyd Laser Light Show, and I'm glad I did. When I got to the Revival Tent it was alread packed with people! They came onstage and opened with Shine On You Crazy Diamond which is a slower song; after about ten minutes all the Ravers had left and the crowd was much smaller so I was able to make it up pretty near the front. After Shine On You Crazy Diamond the went into Time then Money. About halfway through Money they turned on the lasers and the crowd went wild!! They played a great selection of Floyd songs, everything from Pigs on the Wing to Comfortably Numb to A Saucerful of Secrets. It was a 2.5 hour show, and I left with about 20 min left in the set, so as I was walking to my tent I could hear them close with the end of Shine On You Crazy Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment