Sunday, June 5, 2011

Waka part two

Instead of Sharon Jones we went to An-Ten-Nae. An-ten-nae was fun but nothing too special. After antennae we went back to a buddies campsite to relax before STS9. We came up like ten min late, but right after we walked up they played Shakedown Street for only the second time. I was there the first night of New Years when they played it. After STS9 was My Morning Jacket, and they were incredible. They had a cool stage setup, and they jam really well. They played one of my favorites, Smoking From Shooting. After that I went to Dark Star Orchestra, and they opened with Bertha. They also played Tennessee Jed early in the set. After a while I went to check out The New Deal, as this is their last year together. They were quite fun, and great jamtronica. I then went to check out Bassnectar, and walked up right as he was coming on. His now stage setup is sick! It's a hue screen behind him and one on his DJ booth. I hung around for a bit, but then he played a Pink Elephants remix from Dumbo, and I decided to leave, as it couldn't get any better. I headed back to DSO and met up with Steve and checked out Skrillex, and then went back and we watched the rest of Dark Star. I met these two cool girls there named Dana and Talia, and we all went back to my campsite to hang out a bit before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment