Sunday, June 5, 2011

Waka 3

Yesterday I woke around noonish and just a few min after I got up Dana and Talia came into my campsite. We sat around drinking for a while before heading to Big Sam's Funky Nation. Big Sam's was lots of fun and in the shade! After that we went to mainstage for Galactic. Galactic was awesome as always, and we had a great time dancing on front row. They covered Hard to Handle, which DSO played the night before. After the show was over we headed back to camp and took a nap in my car. Then we 3 headed down to see the Nadis Warriors, and they were awesome as always. They had the flower girls doing an arrangement again this time, and they made an om sign. They played a Nirvana remix that I hadn't heard before and would like to find. Their last song was Michael Jackson remix. 
After that we headed to Ben Harper and sat down to watch that for about 20 min before heading to Hot Buttered Rum. I hadn't listened to them before but Dana and Talia recommended them. They were a really fun bluegrass band from San Fran. They covered Bertha by the Dead, which made me like em even more. From there we went to Papa Grows Funk, another band I hadn't listened to. They were a fun funk band from Nola, and I danced for a while before leaving them to check out Holding Space. On the way I stopped by Thievery Corporation right as they played Lebanese Blonde, and after that awesome song was done, I continued to Holding Space. They were impressive, they had lasers, dancers, people spinning fire, and they even had someone come onstage and do a poetry slam. I would definitely check them out if you get a chance. 
I then headed back to the Revival tent for STS9 again, and sat in the back mist of the show before going to Perpetual Groove. Both were fun but I was exhausted, so I went back to camp to sleep. Now I'm chilling in camp maybe going to go to the river in a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment