Monday, June 13, 2011

Bonnaroo Thursday

Thursday morning I woke up and headed over to Kelci's camp and hung out with her and Lee and Dale and Gretchen and Yohanna and Lauren, and I'm forgetting someone's name right now, but they're all new friends! We sat around for a bit talking and a guy came around with some badass Dead coasters that he made out of cherry wood. One has a stealie on it and the other has the American Roses skeleton on it. I then found out that my friend Walt is camped in the same campsite as me, and I went to find him before going to work, but he wasn't there so I left a note. Its weird, everyone I know who is at Bonnaroo is camped in the same group of campsites, which is but a small portion of all the campsites here.
I went to the WET tent and got assigned to the motorpool with a new friend named George, which ended up being an amazing job. All we have to do is whenever a golf cart gets returned we had to go park it and keep the parking area organized. The rest of the time we were sitting on a couch in air conditioning!!! And our supervisor, named Ben, is awesome. He likes to joke around, and he even gave us each a case of water to take with us when we left.
After work I went back to camp and hung with George for a bit before going to meet Meagan and Aaron and Walt at their campsite. We hung there for a bit before I decided to go into Centeroo to check out Sleigh Bells and Beats Antique. I got into Centeroo and found Kelci, Lee, Dale, and Gretchen and we went forward to catch some of Sleigh Bells and get a good spot for Beats Antique. Sleigh Bells had lots of amps and BASS, which is very nice. Beats Antique came on right on time, and they put on a great show as always, with dancers and everything. It was the drummer's birthday, and so the whole crowd sang him happy birthday, which was cool. After a while everyone else was tired so we left to get food, and as we were walking someone over heard me say we were gonna go to Band of Heathens, and he stopped to ask me where, and he bought me a beer and followed Kelci, Gretchen, and I to the show where we sat for a while before heading back to camp. Everyone else pretty much passed out, but Kelci and I stayed up for a while before going to sleep.
This morning after I had woken up the first time and gone to sleep outside, Meagan comes and like lays down on top of me to wake me up, which was quite the surprise haha. Her and Aaron had come over with Hali and Michelle and we hung for a bit, and now I'm in my car writing this on my computer since I no longer have a good phone haha.

1 comment: