Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Single Step 05/27/11

Well, I'm back on the road!!! And I still never updated this with All Good from last year. I didn't keep this up at all during the year, but I'll give you a quick rundown of the big shows I went to: I did Underground Sound at Camp Zoe, and Rabbit in the Moon was one of the trippiest shows I've ever seen. Then for my 21st birthday I did 3 nights of Furthur at Red Rocks. I don't even need to say how awesome that was! I did Hulaween with String Cheese, STS9 for New Years, and Tiesto for Mardi Gras. Plus I went to nola a bunch for BASSiK and the Den.
Alright, enough about last year, NOW is the time! I spent all week moving out of my apartment and getting ready for this trip. I left around 2:30PM and made it to Little Rock a little after 6 and found parking around Riverfest. I walked around a little while and the festival is very similar to the Red River Revel. You have to trade your money in for tickets to buy food and beer and the like. I got a pretty good bar-b-que sandwich (better be for $6) and a beer and headed towards The Bud Light stage to get a spot for Widespread Panic. Jerry Joseph opened for WP, and he wasn't bad. Panic came on around 7:40 and opened with the classic Holden Oversoul. It was a fun show overall, but I was exhausted from such a long week and soo little sleep, so I left near the end of the second set. I watched Poison with Bret Michaels for a little while, but I don't get what all the fuss was about. Woohoo he has fire. yay. rock on dude. Lame!
After it was over I went to find a WalMart to sleep in the parking lot and fell fast asleep with the radio on.

I woke up today to a dead battery, but luckily I had cables and someone gave me a jump. Now I've been sitting in McDonald's for over an hour and a half using the internet.
I'll post again tomorrow!!
Love, James

No comments:

Post a Comment