Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ringo Starr and Boston

Monday morning we woke up rather late, around 11:30 and began packing up our stuff. The cleaning lady came by to tell us that it was past check out time, so we really had to hurry. After getting everything loaded we went to grab a bite to eat and hit the road. Nick and James were heading up to Maine to get their tickets for Nateva, and I was heading to Boston to meet up with my friend Abhi, who goes to Berklee College of Music. Getting from Maryland to Boston cost me over $63 in tolls, one of which was $25 alone. I told him to get lost, that I'm not paying that, so he said the camera would take a pic of my license plate and mail me a ticket. Lucky me, I have temporary tags, hopefully they can't read them. Once I finally got to Boston after getting stuck in NYC 5 o'clock traffic and construction traffic on one of the toll roads, I had hell trying to find a parking place. Once I finally found one Abhi came out to meet me and we walked around for a little while before heading up to his dorm to go to sleep.
I spent the next day updating my blog and walking around Boston. Nick and James got into Boston later that afternoon, and I met them at a Best Buy parking lot so I could park my car and trailer to go to the show. Abhi couldn't make the show because he had to study for midterms, so Nick, James, and I headed for the Bank of America pavillion to see Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band. As we pulled up we could hear Ringo starting to play, so we hurried and parked and headed to the venue. We were towards the back, but it didn't really matter because most everyone was sitting down and we wanted to stand up and dance. Ringo Starr's All Starr Band included Edgar Winter, Gary Wright, Rick Derringer, Richard Page, Wally Palmar, and Gregg Bissonette. They played "Yellow Submarine" and had some really cool visulizers for that song. Then Edgar Winter played "Frankenstein" which was mind-blowing. They also played "What I Like About You", and Rick Derringer played "Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo". They ended with "Give Peace a Chance" and I think "Let It Be". It was a great performance, and amazing to get to see so many talented musicians playing together on one stage. After the concert I waited in line to get posters while James and Nick went to pick up the car. Once we were in the car we went to Boston Commons to walk around the park and relax until Abhi was done studying. Once he was done studying we met him and walked to another park close to his dorm. We walked around and played on the swings for a while before Abhi had to be back and we needed to find a place to stay. Abhi didn't have room for all of us there, so the three of us went to Wompatuck State Park about 30 minutes south of Boston to spend the night. We got camp set up and went straight to sleep.
I woke up the next morning before Nick and James, so I walked around the campgrounds for awhile and went up to the main entrance and flirted with the girl that was working there for awhile, and she told me about a natural spring with drinking water in the park, and after we got packed up we stopped to fill our jugs with the cool spring water. We then headed back to the Best Buy parking lot, and when we got there my car was gone. We figured out that it had been towed, and I was furious. After spending $150 to get my car out we parted ways again. Nick and James wanted to get to Nateva as early as possible, so they headed up to maine to camp out in a state park near Oxford, ME so they could get there early Thursday morning. I had to stay in Boston to wait on Abhi because he had a test that was over at 2 Thursday afternoon. I stayed in his dorm again that night and the next day when his test was over we hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment