Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nateva Thursday!!

Abhi and I left Boston around 3pm to head to Nateva. We stopped to get gas about 20 miles south of the venue, and I met lots of people headed to the festival. One of the guys I met told me he was working security for the festival, and we talked for awhile. We got to Oxford, ME later that night and were put in a line of cars. The line wasn't moving at all for a good hour or two, and when it finally started moving the lines kind of disappeared and it turned into a funnel of cars going into the 4 gates. Once we got up to the gates the same guy that I had met at the gas station came to check my car and my ticket. He just opened my ice chest to make sure there was no glass, and waved me on through, which saved a good bit of time. We got up to the actual gate and they ran out of wristbands, so we had to wait for more. Every other line had wristbands, and ours wasn't moving at all. People were starting to get mad and yell at the workers, so I invited them over to talk, and told them that I knew it wasn't their fault and that voulenteers shouldn't be treated that way. Once they got the wristbands they didn't even ask me for an RV pass since I had been so nice to them. We were directed to a spot with no other campsites at all, and by the end of the night there were only like 6 tents and cars in my area. We got camp set up and met our neighbors who shared a few microbrews with us. It was freezing, at one point it got down to 45 degrees according to my car's thermometer. We missed the entire Lotus show, but we wandered around the venue and I bought one of each of the limited edition posters. We made it over to Nick's campsite and met his neighbors and then went back to the tent to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment